Sunday 8 March 2015

Needle Needs Addict

Over the years that I have been stitching, I have used many frames, but I think I might have found my favorite set up.

I never thought I would be able to lift and flip and like it with the Needle Needs Stand and Millennium Frames because I've always had frames that you rotated, but I was so lazy and would never undo the wing nuts, so over time the frames would turn themselves.

But now I have found the Needleneeds stands and frame it's so much easier, you can get to the back properly and the tension on your fabric is brilliant.

If you have never heard of these products, pop and have a look at their website Needle Needs

The massive downside is the wait for Needle Needs products, it is soooo long and communication can be poor at times, and paying for things up front for such a long wait I didn't like, but I have to say, the quality of the craftmanship, outweighs the problems.

I had been on the waiting list for their Necessaire Floor Stand since September and still not available to order, which is a great shame, I was lucky I managed to get my hands on a 2nd hand one back in November from a FB group so I then got hooked on their products.

I then went on the waiting list for their Aristo Frame, and after a few phone calls over the months it has finally been maid.

I got an unexpected phone call from lovely Marisha on Monday asking for payment as I was on the waiting list and my Aristo was ready.  Well I was dancing round the room, with glee.

One good point to Needle Needs is once the items are despatched they normally come next day, so on Tuesday I was watching and waiting for the postman and YAY it arrived.

I am so pleased with the quality of the frame that I've been using it as much as I can this week.  I plan to go fishing soon when the weather gets warmer with my partner, while he fishes I'll stitch.

Here is my set up, but I have found if I use my smaller light and magnifier it sits nicely on my lap.


A very dear friend, gave me some side stretchers before Christmas, so I then ordered the 27" bars, so that I could stitch my On the Rooftops WIP, but I had to wait and push for them to be delivered and they arrived the week before Christmas and OMG so much better working on fabric that had tension.

So I have been checking Ebay every now and then to find more Millennium frames, they do come up to buy but not often and when they do, can get very expensive.

A week ago, I say the frame in the picture above and bid on it, not expecting to win it, but I did and now I have 2 side stretchers and 2 different sizes of extension bars, so I can now work on both frames.

Oh and then another very dear friend emailed me to say she was having a clear out and had some bars for sale, well you can't say NO can you, especially when the wait is so long for them to buy brand new.  

I now have the 16" and 12"  bars, but I'm thinking I really need to buy another 27" bar so that I can have On the Rooftops set up because getting my Gemini off the bars I have isn't going to be easy as it took me 30 minutes to get it set right on them.  But I'll have to wait a long time to get them unless I'm lucky and stumble across another 2nd hand pair.

So to sum up Needle Needs Frames, if you have the money and don't mind a good wait for their products to be made to order it is well worth the wait, these beauties will never break and are a heirloom piece for the Avid Cross Stitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment